Robert C. Palmer, III
Bob is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator, and Board Certified in Civil Trial by the Board of Legal Specialization and Education (BSLE) of the Florida Bar. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
After nearly 40 plus years of trying cases across Northwest Florida in both state and federal courts, Bob now focuses his practice on mediation. He has mediated a wide variety of cases ranging from estate disputes, medical malpractice claims, multiparty complex construction disputes, as well as automobile and truck accident cases. He has also mediated employment disputes involving covenant not to compete and wage and hour claims. Bob mediates cases across all of Florida.
- Davidson College in Davidson, NC, B.A., 1977
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 1980
Activities & Affiliations
- Chair, Executive Council of the Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar
- Chair, Florida Bar Civil Trial Certification Committee
- Chairman of the First Judicial Circuit Judicial Nomination Commission
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- President of the Northwest Florida chapter and President of FLABOTA
- Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee
- Member, Florida Bar Board of Governors 1990-1992
- President of the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Board of Directors of The Florida Bar Foundation
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
Bob has lectured at continuing legal education (CLE) courses sponsored by The Florida Bar and other statewide legal organizations. For over ten years he chaired the Advanced Trial Advocacy seminar, hosted annually by the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar. The seminary is a five-day, interactive seminar held each May at the University of Florida Law School.
Born in New Orleans and raised in Pensacola, FL, Bob is married to Marianne Palmer. They have three daughters, Laura, Lindsey, and Carolyn, and currently have five dogs.
Bob is an active member of Trinity Presbyterian Church where he is an elder, teaches Sunday school, and served on the pastor nominating search committee.